Sunday, July 13, 2008

chapter 1 & 2

Sarieva, I. & Zoran, A. (2008). Calling all foreign language teachers: Computer-assisted
language learning in the classroom. In Tony Erben & Iona Sarieva (Ed). Guiding
principles: Second language acquisition, instructional technology, and the constructivist
framework. (pp. 7-11). New York: Eye on Education, Inc.
Chapter 1:
This is an introduction to what the book is going to be covering and why. It is exciting for me to know that I am going to be doing with the computer. I already am doing things with it that I never intended on doing – WIKI, BLOG, and so on!
Chapter 2:
This chapter discusses the possibilities that a language teacher can accomplish when and if technology is implemented. It stressed the importance of not just using technology as a goal, but by integrating it, the language teacher can empower themselves to enhance learning and provide a platform for achieving standards. The chapter highlighted how using today’s technology how language learning can be accomplished from using all that technology has to offer from “offering modifications of linguistic input” (p. 9), to “acting as a participant in second language tasks” (p. 10). After reading this article, I got excited with the idea of using what I am learning from the readings and class participation. I am excited to work with these technological media with my kindergarten students!

No comments: