Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Chapter 5 & 6

Chapters 5 and 6.
Chapter five was a very informative read about planning goals and learning outcomes. It was interesting to find out the difference between aims and objectives. My first thought before reading on was that they were of same meaning. After further reading, it is interesting to learn that one is broad and the other is more specific.
Chapter six contained a lot of information that has to do with course planning and syllabus design. It was good for me to read about both the good points and the faults of each of the types of design and types.
It is going to take a while yet for me to process the information that I have just read, which is a lot! What I realize now is that in developing a curriculum, a good curriculum it’s going to take a lot of collaboration and teamwork with others (local experts, administration, and teachers). I’m
Nervous and excited at the same time now that I have an idea of what it takes to develop and plan for curriculum.

No comments: